Shahryar has been doing stand-up comedy for over 15 years. His first time doing it was in college at the 2nd annual Funniest Person at UMBC contest. He came in 3rd place and what was something he just did on a whim now became a 2nd career.
Since then, he’s performed on hundreds of shows. His unique identity as a South-Asian, Muslim married father coupled with his background as a DC-MD-VA native and a long-time Federal IT professional employee enable him to be relatable to everyone in the crowd.
He has traveled through the country and internationally to perform at comedy clubs, corporate events, non-profit events and private events. Some of the shows of note include:
- A regular at the DC Improv Comedy Club
- Human Development Fundraiser in Seattle, WA
- Fundraiser for
He has also acquired a long list of accolades along the way including
- Official selectee at the Johnny Carson Great American Comedy Festival 2013 in Nebraska
- Finalist and Runner Up in the Funniest Fed contests
- Multiple features in the Washington Post
- Featured in Voice of America
- Guest on the Arch Campbell Show
Besides performing as a comedian, he also will emcee various events including fundraisers, weddings and corporate parties.
You can see some clips on his YouTube page or you can contact him for longer clips on vimeo.